Garden State Pediatrics


If your child is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, take them to the nearest ER or call 911.

If you are unsure if it is a true emergency, call 911 and then call our office. 

Poison Control

If your child ate or drank something not edible, call the Poison Control Center. Do not give the child milk or water. Depending on the substance ingested, there may be a different treatment.


This number is the same in any US state.

Please call the office after calling poison control.


If your child is having trouble breathing, call 911. In the meantime...

Choking:  Perform CPR for choking victims.

Wheezing or breathing hard:  If you have albuterol in the house, you can give a nebulizer treatment or inhaler. 

Croup:  Cold air (freezer) or steam (steam from shower) may stop a barky cough.

Never hesitate to call the office.